Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blog #1

Some of the things that I read that were similar to what I've learned in the past are they way we use to begin our introductions in our writing, going from a very broad statement and making our way to a more specific point that we are trying to address. Also, the ways of responding to the argumenatative writing because I've learned in the past that in order for it to be argumentative you do not have to disagree with the author. More writing tools that I've used in the past include the templates to expand the writing, although, by doing the reading on these sections I came to learn that the way I expand my writing is not the best because I use what is called the "list summaries," which just points out what I'm trying to say without going into greater depth. Last but not least, the way it shows us how to introduce the quotations is similar to what I have learned in the past because we cant just put X says "yada yada yada," I was shown to do the "quotation sandwich" by putting and introduction statement before and after to put a follow-up statement.

What I found that was new was, when I was in high school we would never start our introductions with comparing points of view, not because they did not want us to learn that, I guess they just figure we did not need them at that level.

What I found interesting was the point that in your writing or in your speeches if you only state your point at the beginning or at the end, that throughout your writing or speeches, that people tend to forget or not completely remember why is it that they are taking in that information. Also, I read about the section that explorers the opinions on the templates used in writing by some college students, I agree with the writer in that yes you can use templates to help you in your writing but it doesn't necessarily mean that that's what you have to use or follow.

I believe that these readings although just the beginning of class are going to really helpout others like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment