Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blog #3

While writing the informal summary I learned that I still have trouble with things such as citing the sentences properly or at all for that matter and learned that writing in a group can be better than with myself. I am still confused as to how to cite after the sentences that have concrete details, even though it has been explained to us how to I cannot seem to grasp the concept. I know we all get the information from the same articles that we read from class, what confuses me is that I do not know what exactly is that we are to put after the sentence, just the author’s last name, or the author’s last name and page were it was found, or author’s last name, page number, and article. I know for some of the other student’s in class it is of second nature but to me I am still having a hard time with it, a reason for this might be that it has been a couple of years since I last had an English or any other class where I was required to write any papers, so I need some refreshment because I might just be rusty with my writing. Even though I had some confusion when writing the paper I believe I did show leadership when we got into our groups and got everything started with my partner, I set the guidelines to what each other would do in order to complete this assignment and my partner did not complain about anything she agreed it was a good idea the way we had accomplished our goal. Honestly, I was not as prepared as I thought I was, so sometimes I saw myself stuck when typing the informal summary. I do not think that I am either less or more competent than what I thought, this to fact that I have never placed myself in either good or bad category as a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment